1973. I was born. (Thanks, Mom & Dad!)
And yes, I was bald until I was 2 years old.
Remembering the title of my blog, I resolve to ENJOY THE SCENERY of my life. Many things have turned out differently than what I imagined. It has been too easy at times to focus on the Don't-Haves:
- NOT married
- NO kids
- NOT an astronaut, lawyer, or even a professional musician
- NOT sure what the next year or two will bring
- NOT a lot of close friends after being in Chiang Mai for 1 year
But, the more I think about it, there are lots of things That I HAVE experienced, things I DO have, and, even the "bad" things are worthy of thanksgiving.
- I speak 3 languages
- I have lived in many places, met many wonderful people
- I have many good friends in the world
- I have learned to depend on Jesus more because I don't have anyone else who goes everywhere with me
- I love living in Chiang Mai
- Email keeps me connected to my family and friends
- I have witnessed the good works of the LORD in various places and in many people's lives, including mine
- I have been spared the pain of a bad marriage
- I can go rock climbing
- All the beauy of nature is mine to behold and enjoy
- Difficulties help me to relate to others and to know Jesus better
- I have everything I need
I want to embrace my life and go forward hand in hand with Christ Jesus, my Savior and Lord.